Organizado por la Latvian Croquet Federation, se celebrará del 7 al 9 de septiembre en dos sedes diferentes (Riga y Ogre), separadas por unos 40 Km.
7th GC Baltic Open Tournament 2018
I am glad to share with you information about our Baltic Open GC tournament (see below), which will take place September 7-9, in Riga, LATVIA. Last year, there have been 20 players from 5 countries participating. Here is a link to Latvian TV evening news reporting on the results: http://ltv.lsm.lv/lv/raksts/05.09.2017-baltic-open-sacensibas-kroketa.id105591. Entries and inquiries: email@example.com. Feel free to share this information with other players who might be interested. Looking forward to meeting you. Best regards.
Latvian Croquet Federation
2018, April 28th
7th Baltic Open Tournament - GC Croquet September 7th-9th 2018, Latvia
The Baltic Open Tournament takes place for 7th consecutive year and is organised by the Latvian Croquet Federation (www.latvijaskrokets.lv). For the first time it will take place at two separate venues – two private single-lawn clubs, in Riga and Ogre, which are 40 km apart from each other. Transfers between the venues will be provided. Both lawns are equipped with floodlights to allow playing after dark. Baltic Open is part of the European Masters in 2018. More information on European Masters, including the calendar of events at http://johnswabey.wix.com/european-masters.
- Participation limited to a maximum of 16 players
- 4 blocks of four, followed by a knock-out stage and Plate
- Double banking, apart from finals
- Dawson 2000 International balls
- Tournament Manager – Roberts Stafeckis
- Tournament Referee – Viktors Harlinskis (Southwick Croquet Academy certificate)
- Entries and inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org or +371 26492211 (Roberts Stafeckis)
- Deadline for entries – July 1st
Fees and prices per player
- Entry fee - 30 EUR, includes courtside beverages and transfers between the venues
- Price of meals - will be announced later
Programme of the tournament
- of the players, lawns available for practice
- play, from 16:00
- welcome cocktail
Saturday, September 8th, from 9:00
- play and Knock-out
- tournament dinner
Sunday, September 9th, from 9:00
- Finals and Plate
- award ceremony
- farewell cocktail, from 17:00, departure
- Latvia reserves 4 places for the players that organize the tournament.
- Deadline for entries – July 1st. For international players, there is an initial allocation on July 2. Entries received by July 1 will be accepted as follows:
- The second highest ranked player from each country will be accepted in descending order and so on. This will ensure that all countries that are interested in participating have the ability to send roughly the same number of players.
- Latvian and international players can continue to apply for any remaining places from July 2 onwards. Applications will be accepted in order received. Deadline for any remaining places is on August 25, even if the event is not full to allow time for adjusting the format.
The winners of 2017 6th GC Baltic Open